11.11.2011

Ready or not, here come the holidays!


Piles of leaves litter the ground, inviting small feet to kick and jump; moms are discussing their holiday menu ideas; and while it is too soon to decorate the house with snowmen and reindeer, it is the perfect time to prepare for the celebration of Christ's birth.

I have been exhausted during the holidays for the last several years, living in survival mode through pregnancies and while caring for by beautiful baby boys. Holiday celebrations have been low on the priority list for long enough. This year I would really like to take time to share the beauty of the Christmas season with my children and if we are to start soon after Thanksgiving, I need to get ready now.

I found this home made advent calendar idea at "ikat bag" and decided it is so simple, there is no excuse not to make it! The boys can help me decorate the little trees and then I will fill each tree with a treat, the daily Jesse Tree scripture reference, and a fun winter or holiday activity. Here is a template which helps make perfect cone trees. I enlarged the template to take up most of a sheet of paper so we get two cones per page.

Some moms from our homeschool co-op are going to come over to share craft supplies and creative vibes. Hopefully by December 1 we will each have our advent calendars ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment