12.05.2011

30 Day Shred

I can't believe how easy it is to gain weight. You would think that keeping up with three small children 24/7 would burn enough calories, but alas, I need to tweak my lifestyle to stay healthy.

For the past year I have been at a consistent weight-- not losing the extra pounds but not gaining either. Then I decided to cut my calories and increase my activity, just a little... and I gained 5 lb. Now I am a full 25lb. over weight. That looks and feels horrible on my small frame. I've considered Weight Watchers but don't want to count points. I joined the Y but don't have time to visit in the midst of a busy homeschool schedule.

So today started a program that fits my needs for better diet and exercise. It is the Jillian Michaels Online Program. I got the idea when I pulled out her "30 Day Shred" DVD for some quick exercise this evening. It was challenging (my arms and legs were numb with exertion half way in to it) but it was do-able.

Then I wondered what kind of diet plan might go well with a 30 day challenge. I don't want to reduce calories to the point that I am moody and weak but I don't want the extra effort of exercise to cause me to crave junk food either. It looks like the Online Program will provide that balance.

It provides a complete meal plan with simple ingredients that can be purchased at any grocery store and recipes that can be modified to fit taste preferences. I just printed off the grocery list for the first week of meals and look forward to trying some new foods! I'll let you know how the Mustard Crusted Salmon is. I have never liked fish but really, really want to because it is so good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment