12.02.2011

Mexican Flower Craft

We finished Lesson 11 in our Spanish curriculum, La Clase Divertida. We spend about two weeks per lesson and at the end of each is either a cooking activity, a puppet show with history lesson,  or a craft. This lesson contained a Mexican Flower craft which was both beautiful and simple. SeƱor Gamache shows the kids how to make the craft on the DVD so when they get the materials out they can follow the instructions more easily. I have never made a paper flower before, so I was pleased that Turtle could teach me based on his careful viewing of the DVD. Here is the finished product.

The theme of Level 1 is “Mexico,” with Mexican history, food, and crafts. La Clase Divertida is currently having a sale so I purchased both Levels 2 and received Level 3 for 50%. We should wrap up Lesson 15 of Level 1 in January and start Level 2 which studies Spanish culture in Europe. I visited Spain for a month while in college and look forward to pulling out my photo album to show the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment