12.11.2011

Customize a Home Management Guide Part 1

I love the concept of the Fly Lady's Control Journal but it never worked for me. It didn't seem to be set up for people with small children at home and it was too complex. I did a little searching on the web and found a Home Management Journal at Wanting What You Have.com. I did some tweaking to make it more homeschool friendly and after using the journal for 4 months my days run more smoothly and continue to be more productive as I mature in my parenting skills. This is what I put in sections 1-4 of the journal:

1) A zippered pouch with scissors, permanent markers, pencils, pens, dry erase marker, and adhesive tabs.

2) Calendar- monthly calendars printed from WinCalendar.com, I record appointments here for quick reference.

3) Prayer and Bible- I printed a 365 day reading plan and put it in a page protector. Then I can check off the readings as I go, using the dry erase marker. At the end of the year I'll clean off the marks and start over.

4) Daily Routines- I only plan the weekdays since weekends are unpredictable in our home. This section has five page protectors with a day of the week printed at the top. I printed five different schedules, one for each day. There isn't a time assigned to each activity, unless it is an appointment. Instead, I list things that must be done in the morning, afternoon and evening and do that as I am able. Home/ Laundry Day, Outing Day, Homeschool Co-op Day, Home/ Laundry Day again, Errands Day. Then depending on the appointments we have schedule that week I slip one of the schedules into each of the five page protectors. Generally, every Friday is Errands Day and Tuesdays are Outing Days, but if something comes up, I can change that around easily by pulling the schedule paper out of one day's protector and slipping it into another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment